The Desired Six Pack Abs And How To Train Them (Part 5)
HOW TO MAINTAIN ABS ALL YEAR ROUND
If you are one of the few people that have built an impressive set of abs you now face an even bigger challenge. How do I maintain my six pack year round? Thankfully ab maintenance is slightly easier than digging them out from underneath the fat to begin with….but not by much.
Society is always trying to sabotage your results with poor food choices or excuses to skip the gym altogether. Here are some tips to help you keep your abs all year.
5 Tips to Maintaining Six Pack Abs:
- Make Smart Decisions
- Be Prepared
- Avoid Stress
- Schedule Cheat Days
- Work for Your Carbs
Make Smart Decisions
– This can apply to any goal that you have, but when it comes to abs you have to understand that every choice has a consequence. Usually it comes down to food choices, but this can also apply to skipping a training day. You have to ask yourself if the decision you are about to make gets you closer to your goals or not.
– Whenever you are away from your own kitchen poor food choices are waiting to surprise you. Social gatherings and peer pressure are a great way for you to lose your abs. So always have healthy alternatives available.
– We all know that stress causes cortisol to be released into your bloodstream. If your cortisol levels are constantly elevated it will stimulate fat storage. This obviously is a death sentence for your abs, so try to avoid stress at all costs.
Schedule Cheat Days
– When trying to maintain your abs you are going to always have to watch what you eat. Over the course of a year that can lead up to a lot of frustration. So rather than risk getting fed up and binging it is best to schedule cheat days. This means you always have something to look forward to.
Work for Your Carbs
– We all love carbs, but the insulin response they cause can wreak havoc on our abs. You don’t have to deprive yourself of them, but you should always make sure you earn them. Make sure you are consistently burning enough calories to warrant eating them.
One thing you must realize is that your body doesn’t care if your abs are visible. In fact, it would prefer it if you carried an extra layer of fat to help ensure survival. To maintain abs all year round you are going to have to have a plan, and stick to it. You can allow yourself an occasional liberty, but if you ease up too much your abs will go back into hiding.
SET AN ACTION PLAN TO BEGIN SIX PACK AB TRAINING TODAY
Are you ready to uncover your abs and you want to get started right away?
The truth is there are a lot of variables when it comes to six pack ab training. It is best not to get in too much of a hurry, and to make sure all your bases are covered.
At the same time there is no time like the present to start working towards your fitness goals. Here are tips to get your started today towards the six pack you’ve always dreamed of.
Six Pack Action Plan
- Set Your Goal
- Set Your Timeline
- Structure Your Diet
- Decide on Checkpoints Along the Way
- Get Started
Set Your Goal – Ok we know your goal is a six pack, but you have to visualize exactly what that is. At what level will you be satisfied? You have to know how far you want to go before you decide on how you will get there. A good idea would be to find someone who’s physique you admire and want to aspire to. Then cut it out or save it to your desktop and everyday spend a moment to look at it and visualize your body looking like that.
Set Your Timeline – You have to be realistic when it comes to how long it will take. Think about how long it took to gain all that extra weight in the first place. Get all those “8 weeks to abs” infomercials out of your head. You have to understand that getting a six pack, and then maintaining it is going to be a long term thing. If you set an unrealistic timeline you are likely to get frustrated and quit.
Structure Your Diet – We all know that most of the work for a six pack is done in the kitchen. You have to make sure that your diet is on point. More importantly you have to make sure it is right for you specifically. Just taking a diet off of a website won’t guarantee success.
You have to learn what foods, in what quantities work for you specifically.
Decide on Checkpoints Along the Way – Your long term goal is a six pack, but it is important to have planned checkpoints along the way. Whether it is weight loss or waist circumference you need to constantly monitor your progress to make sure you are on track. If you are not, then you need to change something.
Get Started – Don’t wait around until everything is perfect. There never will be a perfect time to start. Just decide to start today. The more time you spend working towards your goal of a six pack the more you will learn about yourself. The best way to figure this all out is by doing. So don’t put this off, and don’t wait any longer.
Clearly there is much more to ab training than this, but this is a good place to start. Everyone reacts differently to things and you will constantly have to monitor your progress to see what you need to change. One important thing, if what you are doing isn’t working, change it. Don’t keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting new results. At the same time don’t change everything at once, or you won’t know which change made the difference.
Well that brings us to an end of our six-pack abs training articles for beginners. I’m happy we’ve been able to take this small journey towards six pack abs together, all the best with it and start today!